Rice flour - 4 cup
Chana dal - 1/2 cup
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds - 3 tsp
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Oil as needed for frying
1. Dry roast both the chana dal and small gram dal together and powder it.
2. Take one cup of this powder (you will get approx. 2 cups) and mix with the rice flour.
3. Add a little water and all other ingredients and make a smooth thick dough.
4. Take a small portion of the batter and press it through the Murukku mould in circles into a paper towel.
5. Carefully move it from the towel to your palm and very carefully drop it in the hot oil and deep fry.
6. Drain and store in an airtight container.