Butter - 2 Tbsp
Garlic - 2 tsp, chopped
Onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
Celery stalks - 1/4 cup, chopped
Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
Mushrooms - 200 gm
Potato - 1 medium, peeled and grated
Chicken joints - 500 gm
Salt and pepper to taste
Water - 3 cup
Milk - 2 cup
Butter - 1 Tbsp
1. Melt the butter in a skillet. Add garlic, onion, celery and parsley and cook stirring till fragrant.
2. Reserve few slices of mushroom for garnish and add the rest to the skillet. Add potato, chicken, salt and pepper and water. Simmer till the chicken is cooked.
3. Lift the chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate. Cool the contents in the skillet and blend till smooth.
4. Remove the bones from chicken and shred the meat. Add the chicken meat to the blended soup. Add milk and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Taste and correct the seasoning. Transfer to serving bowls
5. Brown the reserved mushroom slices in 1 Tbsp of butter and sprinkle on top of each bowl and serve hot.